Questions to ask your Implant Dentist
Oconee County, Clemson, & Seneca SC
Dental implants are a viable tooth replacement option offered by SC Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry. If you are considering dental implants, be sure that you choose the right cosmetic dentist for you. It is important to be informed of the entire procedure, and what to expect for your results.
Here are important questions you should ask your cosmetic dentist to ensure you choose the best one.
Keep in mind that it is always best to have a consultation first, which makes sure you are both on the same page. Attaining your smile goals should be a joint effort between both you and your cosmetic dentist.
About the cosmetic dentist
- What are your qualifications regarding implant dentistry?
- Have you undergone any training in cosmetic dentistry?
- What is the success rate, in general, of patients who received dental implants from you?
- May I see before and after photos of patients who have undergone implant dentistry at your office?
About the procedure
- What should I do to prepare for my implant surgery?
- Are there any foods or beverages I should avoid before surgery?
- Should I avoid any medications, vitamins or supplements before surgery?
- How long will the implant surgery take?
- What type of anesthesia will be used for my surgery?
- Should I prepare ahead of time to have a driver take me to and from my procedure?
- Will there be a need for me to stay overnight in a healthcare facility?
- Will I experience any discomfort or pain during or after the procedure?
- What are possible complications of implant surgery?
- Are there any precautionary measures I can take to avoid or reduce my chances of complications?
- What is the cost of my dental implant?
- What is included in that cost?
- Should I prepare for any other costs associated with my implant surgery?
About your recovery and results
- What can I expect during my recovery?
- How will I be able to tell if a complication arises?
- Should I plan to take off from work or other activities?
- What type of foods can I eat or should avoid afterward?
- Is there anything I can do, like taking medications or supplements, to help speed up my recovery?
- When will I see the final results of my implant surgery?
- Do I need to plan on any follow-up visits, and if so, how many?
- If I experience a complication with my implant, will I be financially liable for any related dental visits?
- How long will my dental implant last?
You should feel confident in the answers provided to you by the cosmetic dentist you consider. Regardless of whom you choose for your implant surgery, be sure that you feel comfortable, informed, and confident about your procedure, and the dentist. Even better if you choose a dentist that can also take care of all of your other cosmetic and general dentistry needs. At SC Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, we can do just that!
To learn more about dental implants or to schedule your consultation, call (864) 647-9000.
SC Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry is proud to care for patients living in the areas of Oconee County, Clemson, & Seneca SC.