Oconee County, Clemson, & Seneca SC
Do you have an imperfect smile? If so, dental veneers can be the ideal cosmetic treatment to help restore your smile and your confidence.
What are veneers?
Veneers are a thin shell that is custom made to fit directly over the front portion of your teeth, the part most visible to others. The material is permanently bonded to your teeth, providing a long-term solution that will transform your smile.
Veneers can correct a variety of issues including:
- Misshapen teeth (too short or too small)
- Badly stained teeth
- Minor crookedness
- Gaps between teeth
At SC Cosmetic Implant Dentistry, we offer two types of veneers – porcelain and composite. During your consultation, the dentist can help you decide which material is best for you and your smile needs.
Porcelain veneers have the following advantages:
- Durability – A porcelain veneer is a long-lasting cosmetic dental solution. You can prolong the life of a porcelain veneer by practicing a good regimen of oral hygiene.
- Aesthetics – Because a porcelain veneer is translucent, it mimics the light-reflecting qualities of dental enamel, making the veneer look just like your other natural teeth. Dental porcelain also will not stain from the consumption of tobacco, coffee, wine or other discoloring agents.
- Less invasive – Although the installation of a porcelain veneer does require multiple visits to the dentist, the process removes only a very small amount of the tooth structure. Plus, you won’t have to wait years for straighter looking teeth.
Composite veneers have the following advantages:
- Convenience – A typical cosmetic veneer procedure can be completed in a single visit because the veneer is made in our office. After enough tooth structure is removed to make room for placement of the resin while maintaining a shape that matches your other natural teeth, a bonding agent is applied to help adhere the resin. The composite resin is then applied to the tooth and shaped accordingly and hardened through use of a curing light. After a quick finish and polish, the procedure is complete!
- Economical – Composite veneers are an affordable way to transform your smile, without the hassle of orthodontics or repeat teeth whitening treatments.
- Repairable – A composite veneer can be repaired if there is a problem. A porcelain veneer, however, must be replaced if any part of the veneer breaks.
To learn more about veneers, please contact our office at (864) 647-9000 to schedule a consultation.
SC Cosmetic Implant Dentistry provides total oral health care to patients living in the areas of Oconee County, Clemson, & Seneca SC.