Oconee County, Clemson, & Seneca SC/h2>
Forget what you think you know about orthodontics. Traditional braces are a thing of the past thanks to Invisalign, a cutting-edge orthodontic system that straightens teeth using clear plastic aligners.
How Invisalign works
The aligners used in Invisalign treatments are almost indistinguishable, and also can be removed when you eat, drink, or are attending a special occasion. The aligners also can be removed before brushing and flossing, making it easier to maintain a healthy regimen of oral hygiene. However, the aligners should be worn at least 20 hours per day to achieve ideal results. Every few weeks, an Invisalign patient receives a new set of aligners. Invisalign patients also will need to visit the office every four to six weeks to have their progress evaluated.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Convenient – It is easier to perform oral hygiene because the aligners can be removed, and you do not have to navigate around the brackets and wires of traditional braces.
- Comfort – The clear plastic aligners have smooth edges, and will not cause irritation of teeth and gums like traditional braces can.
- Results – Get results in as little as one year, unlike traditional braces that may take several years.
- Universal – Invisalign can produce results for patients ranging from adolescents to adults.
- Discreet – Many adults prefer Invisalign to other orthodontic treatments because of the clear aligners.
Even with Invisalign, you still need to practice good oral hygiene at home, and by visiting the dentist every six months for a professional cleaning. With Invisalign, you can smile with confidence!
Straight teeth diminish the risk of oral health issues later in life. Before committing to other orthodontic treatments such as braces, contact our office at (864) 647-9000 to schedule a consultation and learn more about Invisalign.
SC Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry provides total oral health care to patients living in the areas of Oconee County, Clemson, & Seneca SC.